Happy 2014! What I’ve been up to so far…
Happy 2014! I hope you are having a great year so far!
I have spent some time developing some of the ideas that have been floating round my head and then my sketch book for the last few months. I haven’t really got anything to show just yet but hopefully I will have some new interesting pieces of polymer jewellery soon.
I have also started work on my online shop – at last! It’s not quite there yet but I hope to open it soon. I was sort of waiting to open it before I wrote this blog post but I seem to have quite a few things I need to do over the next couple of weeks and I didn’t want you to think I had abandoned my blog! I’ll blog again and announce on facebook when it is open.
The most exciting thing I have done so far this year is to fly to Germany to demonstrate for Kato polyclay at the Paperworld trade show in Frankfurt. I was working with the amazing Donna Kato herself which a real honour and a lot of fun! We met a lot of interesting people from all over the world and hopefully have helped inspire some of them to try out polymer clay for themselves.
An introduction to polymer clay.
You will learn the basics of working with polymer clay and will make some simple canes which can be used to make beads and jewellery as well as for other decorative objects. In the full day we have time for even more tips and techniques. Ideal for beginners
- Friday 28th February Full day workshop 10am-3pm, Fishponds, Bristol
- Saturday 8th March Half day workshop 10-1pm, Hobbycraft, Bristol
Ball of flowers Pendant
Suitable for those who have some polymer clay experience. This is a half day workshop with me but you are also invited to stay and play for the afternoon. Cost £25 per person
- Saturday 1st March 10.30am onwards, Near Newtown, North Wales (in conjuction with www.clayaround.com)
Learn to make beautiful patterned sheets of clay using the mokume gane technique. Ideal for both decorating objects and making striking jewellery. Some previous polymer clay experience required.
- Thursday 20th March 7.30pm-10.30pm Fishponds, Bristol
- April 30th-3rd May – Eurosynergy Gallery, IPCA Eurosynergy Conference, Malta
- 17-18th May – 11am-6pm – SBA Arts trail – Southville Centre (I hope venue not yet confirmed) – www.sbaweb.co.uk/arts_trail_2014